Flowers are one of girls best friends…..I love the color they have and all the unique shapes and textures! Stampin’ Up has made flowers more intriguing than ever now with Botanical Garden Builder Framelits Dies!
Check out the above tag – see the Cajun Craze color behind the die cut anthers? We used a Sponge Dauber to put Cajun Craze color on the Hello Honey die cut flower….layered the die cut anthers in Basic Black and then added 3 Jewel Rhinestones.
Here are some other techniques to try:
- Use markers to color Whisper White flowers different colors
- Sponge the outer tips of petals and inside
- Use different color card stock for the flower and anthers
And then, there is the leaf die cut that goes across the whole card to have fun with too!
Thank you Gail! for sharing her beautiful creations for us to enjoy and copy!
Here is what the tag is on…..it a bag of Toasted Cinnamon Sugared Pecans! They are hard to stay out of! They are in the cutest little cone bag that has white dots on it! Stampin’ Up now sells them in the spring Occasions catalog #140578 25 Polka Dot Cone Cellophane Bags for $6.00 They are food safe. 4″ x 9 3/4″ Order a couple of packages to be prepared for Valentine’s Day and Easter!
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, vigorously whisk egg white with water and vanilla until very frothy. In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add pecans to egg white mixture and toss until evenly coated. Pour half of the sugar mixture over pecans and toss several times then add remaining sugar mixture and toss until evenly coated. Pour coated pecans over a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes.com
January Stamping Schedule
Wednesday, January 13th – Covenant Village
Friday, January 15th – Gastonia Club @ 10:00am, Sherry is our hostess
Tuesday, January 19th – Stephanie & Friends @ 7:00pm at Denny’s, Lisa is our hostess
Thursday, January 21st – Dallas Sr. Center stamping at 1:00pm All are welcome! RSVP to Esther to make 6 cards for $10.00
Thursday, January 21st – Girls Night out club at 6:15pm
Friday, Januarty 22nd – Riverside club @ 6:30pm, Charlotte is our hostess
Saturday, January 23rd – Scrapbooking – Esther’s at 6:00pm
I would love for you to come to scrapbooking class! We meet the 3rd Saturday of each month. The cost is $18.00 for two 2-page spreads. Below are December’s pages….January will be using the Botanical Garden Bundle. Come join us! RSVP to Esther please
I admire my friend, Carolyn…she always has a little gift to make you feel special! Here is her latest treat!
Carolyn used Stampin’ Up Hamburger Box Die to easily make these little contaniers. I love the Coastal Cabana color – it’s just happy!
Remember to get your orders in to earn FREE products for every $50 you purchase. There are beautiful stamps and Designer Series Paper – 11 products to choose from!
For hostesses that reach $250 in sales there is an extra $25 worth of hostess benefits! Smile!
If you do not have a Spring Occasions catalog – you will get one at club or please contact me for one to be mailed to you!
Thanks for stamping with me!