This weekend, Elizabeth and I had card classes in Jacksonville NC with our friends! We had smooth travels and a fun time seeing our friends there. 2 of the cards we made used the Dragonfly Dreams bundle – so I thought I’d recap some of the cards I’ve shown and tell you how we made 2 new Dragonfly cards tonight….
This card is fun to make!
- Cut card base at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ in Basic Black (Black is a great color to make any other color “pop”!)
- Cut inside layer to write on in Whisper White CS 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut a piece of the Inside the Lines DSP (it’s a Sale-a-bration freeby!) #143830 4″ x 5 1/4″
- And then pull out your foam brayer #141714 and favorite color of ink pad and color the Inside the Lines DSP by transfering ink from the ink pad to DSP with your brayer rolling back and forth across the DSP with the brayer
- Cut a piece of Whisper White CS 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and stamp the dots from Dragonfly Dreams stamp set in the same color you brayered the DSP in across the bottom of the cardstock
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black/Black Stazon/ or Black Memento ink
- Cut a piece of Basic Black CS 2 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ as a mat under your white layer
- On a scrap piece of cardstock – the same color as you brayered DSP with, stamp in Baasic Black/Black Stazon/or Black Memento ink the netted wing dragonfly and die cut with outline die in Dragonfly bundle #144728
- On a scrap piece of Basic Black CS, die cut the dragonfly that has the cutout design in it and attach on to the dragonfly you just stamped and die cut
- I also added some rhinestones to the body of the dragonfly
- And you can curl up the wings of the Basic Black die cut to add dimension
Some of you in my clubs may remember this card template….it’s a “Z” card. We used it to make a sleigh and reindeer on the “Z” card. Well, here it is again with Dragonfly Dreams!
I love how the “Z” card with sit on your desk…..at work….or at home and bring a smile every time you look at it!
Some of you know me well to know I love texture to cards! After using Timeless Textures stamp set as a stamped background on the top Whisper White layer, I used the NEW Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder #143231 to add even more texture to this card.
- Card base is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″ in Sahara Sand CS and scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Sugarplum layers are cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″, and 2 of 4″ x 2 1/2″
- Top Whisper White layers cut at 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″, and 2 of 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ and stamped randomly all over with Timeless Textures stamp set #140517 using ink colors: Sahara Sand, Sweet Sugarplum, and Pear Piazza inks
- “Z” is cut at 10 1/2″ x 1″ in Whisper White CS and scored at 5 1/4″ and 8″
I used the NEW Basket Builder Framelits Dies for the grass #143228 and the Dragonfly Dreams framelits #143749 and Layering Ovals for the sentiment #141706
- You can add a lot of dimension to your card by sponging the diecut grass and die cut dragonflies
- Emboss background pieces with Hexagon Dynamic Embossing folder after stamping with Timeless Textures stamps
- Attach “Z” by folding and adhereing the far right scored panel with the fold at the edge of the piece of Whisper White background
- Remember when attaching the left part of the “Z” with adhesive only on the far left side so as not to adhere the card closed
Have fun making your creations with Dragonfly Dreams bundle #144728 Here are some previous cards samples
Here is a card you’ll be making at Lucille Tatum and Sr. Center this month
It uses the Special Reason bundle #144720
Stamping Schedule for February
Tuesday, Feb. 7th – Spartanburg stamping @ 7:00pm, Susan is our hostess
Friday, Feb. 10th – Gastonia Club @ 10:00am, Debbie Y is our hostess
Friday, Feb. 10th – 1st Friday club @ 6:30pm, Sara is our hostess
Thursday, Feb. 16th – Sr. Center stamping @ 1:00pm, Please RSVP to Esther all are welcome!
Friday, Feb. 17th – Scrapbooking @ 6:00pm Please RSVP to Esther…all are welcome!
Tuesday, Feb 21st – Lucille Tatum stamping @ 1:00pm, Please RSVP to Pam at 704-865-3291 A $1.00 will be added per person for Lucille Tatum
Tuesday, Feb. 21st – Stephanie & Friends club @ 7:00pm, Melinda is hostess at Denny’s
Friday, Feb. 24th – Riverside club @ 6:30pm, Charlotte is our hostess
Thanks for visiting!
to order, you may call or email Esther or to order online visit www.estherboyle.stampinup.net