It is confirmed! Creative Escape 2017 will be help September 29th and 30th! I am excitedly planning! We have a wonderful facility this year…..it will be held at First Baptist Church in Gastonia. The church is on Union Road. We have a large gym to craft in, kitchen to cook yummy meals for you, a dining area so we won’t have to eat where we are crafting, and rooms to sleep in. Please make sure you have a cot, air mattress, or thick pad to put under sleeping bag as the floors are not carpeted where we’ll be sleeping.
- This year, I will be offering 5 all occasion cards and 5 Christmas cards as well as scrapbook
- I am working on the pricing, but it will be similar to last year
- You may sign up NOW (price will be forthcoming)
- If you bring a friend that has never stamped with me before – there will be an extra gift for you OR if you are currently my customer and have never attended CE before and come this year, there will be an extra gift for you too! And, if you have been ever year to CE – I have a gift for you too!
CE is a really fun time – Come be pampered and escape to work – NO, I mean craft for 2 days! 🙂
You may have noticed there was no blog/email last week. Many of you know I was chaperoning my son’s orchestra to play at Carnegie Hall in New York. Here’s my group I had for 5 days – I never thought I’d not think of stamping for a whole 5 days – well, I did on the way….but after that everything was history except counting 1 through 10 at least 50 times a day making sure I did not loose any of my group! Here they all are in front of the Met Museum
They were a fun bunch! I really did enjoy being their “mom” for 5 days but I must also say, I’ve never been so tired!
And my handsome son, Daniel before he played at Carnegie Hall – he now has one up on his brothers and sisters in the music realm!
OK, back to stamping now! I must apologize – I think there are some cards you all sent me to post – I’m sorry to say my brain has lost them somewhere in the cyber world of phone, iPad, and email. But here is one shadow box, I have remembered. It is from Suzanne. Totally beautiful!!!
Scrapbooking was this past Saturday…..enjoy and hope you can get ideas from our recent pages. We’d love to have you join us – usually the 3rd, sometimes the 4th Saturday of each month. Cost $18.
This week stamping with my mom we used a retired stamp set called Sweetbriar Rose and the NEW Garden Trellis Embossing Folder #143741 with NEW In Color Powder Pink. I think it turned out beautiful!
- I colored in with a Blender Pen using Soft Suede, Old Olive, Powder Pink, Berry Burst, and Lemon Lime Twist with Black Stazon for outline
- Love, love the way the leaves turned out with the Lemon Lime Twist! Color all the leaves with Lemon Lime Twist and then went back and added in the middle a very little Old Olive – they look so authentic!
- Die cut Scalloped Oval (with Layering Oval Framelits #141706) and then emboss with Garden Trellis embossing folder #143741
Here are a few other cards to inspire you….
Using This Little Piggy stamp set #143922 and a new Blender Pen #102845
This card has a vintage flair using the NEW HOSTESS stamp set, Background Bits (have a party and earn this one!) *I think this years hostess stamp sets are awesome!)
Love the Adirondack chair and all the versatile pieces that come with this bundle, Colorful Seasons Bundle #145348 You will enjoy the Glitter Enamel Dots with this bundle too #144200
Take Care! Thanks for visiting!