I have really enjoyed July’s club card! It was one of those cards that looked really hard – but was really easy! We were using Stampin’ Up “You Move Me Bundle” with stamp set and thinlits.
Tonight, I will give you a pictorial using the “You Move Me” for the humming bird. I could sit and watch the movement over and over……let me show you….
Here’s the card stock you need:
- Berry Burst CS cut 4 1/4″ x 11″
- Whisper White CS cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside
- Berry Burst CS cut 4″ x 3 1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut 2 3/4″ x 3 5/8″
You will also need these supplies….
- You Move Me Bundle #145322
- Garden Trellis embossing folder #143741
- In Color Bitty Bows 2017-2019 #144217
- Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049
- Ink pads: Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide order the bundle #144081 for best price
Begin by embossing the front of your card with the Garden Trellis Embossing Folder
Then begin die cutting your “grate” so the humming bird or butterfly will flutter!
***VERY IMPORTANT*** ***VERY IMPORTANT*** ***VERY IMPORTANT***
PUT THE “GRATE” CENTERED AT THE BOTTOM (so there will be more flutter space) AND RUN THROUGH THE BIG SHOT 3 TIMES!!!
- RUN THROUGH HORIZONTALLY
- RUN THROUGH VERTICALLY
- TURN 180 degrees and RUN THROUGH VERTICALLY AGAIN
Now take out the CS slots
Stamp sentiment on the top….here I stamped “HI there”
Punch out a half moon for the bow so you can pull the hummingbird up to flutter. I used a 3/4″ circle…..
Here what it will look like
Use the NEW mini dimensional on the back —- This will perfectly make a little pocket for you hummingbird to fit into and be pulled up to flutter!
Next, stamp your inside with the “solid” humming bird
I used a Berry Burst marker to color his neck so hr really does have a ruby throat.
The most challenging part is the hummingbird’s body. I highly recommend using a Stamp-a-ma-jig! It will be so much easier and more actuate!
You want to focus on lining the eye up and making the body solid…..
STAMP the LARGEST HUMMINGBIRD ON YOUR CARDSTOCK
Here’s how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig……
Fit the Imagining Sheet into the groove of the Level
and stamp keeping the square of the block in the square of the level and now you will have the hummingbird image on the Imagining Sheet
Now, place the Imagine Sheet over your initially stamped hummingbird so that the eye looks complete and the body is filled in
- TAKE AWAY THE IMAGINING SHEET AND STAMP ON YOUR CARD STOCK FOR AN EXACT IMAGE KEEPING THE SQUARE OF THE BLOCK SQUARE WITH THE LEVEL
AND VOLIA! YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFULLY STAMPED HUMMING BIRD!
Time to assemble….
Take off waxed paper from NEW Mini Dimensionals and adhere pocket to front of your card
Slide hummingbird card in and attach either a premade Bitty Bow or Mini Dimensional and a bow you make out of 5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon #144191 in Berry Burst
and now watch it flutter!
Here are beautiful cards from Gail to spur your creativity!
for this cute card, Gail copied some line art from google and colored the image with Stampin’ Up markers to match perfectly with Stampin’ Up Designer Series Paper! Cute!
and here is a cute card my mom and I made today as a “get well” card for her to use – kinda fun! We used retired Stampin’ Up stamps and dies and current Corrugated Elements #144158 $3.50 for 24 pieces Real Red and Crumb Cake Card stock
Information sheet needs to be in ASAP! Please call me or email with info if you are planning on attending.
Cell# to text if you have______________
- Scrapbook/Cards *All Occasion Cards 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
* Christmas Cards 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
- Cards only *All Occasion Cards 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
* Christmas Cards 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
Drink Preference: what type soft drinks,tea, water, coffee?__________________
If you missed all the info the last week……here it is….. Creative Escape is a fun retreat you’ll love and come away with lots of completed projects!
is just around the corner! Make plans now to join us for this years’ Creative Escape!
- Held on September 29th and 30th
- Cost $170 plus the purchase of a product bundle from Esther
- Your choice of 40 cards or 20 cards and 20 pages of scrapbook
- Further choice of Christmas and All Occasion cards for the 40 or 20 card choice
- Lots of nice gifts
- Good food
- And a fun time with friends!
- Begins at noon (have lunch eaten) on the 29th
- Ends at 5:00pm on the 30th – and all in between it’s crafting! and a little fun too!
- Held at First Baptist Church on Union Road, Gastonia NC
- Bring your air mattress, cot, or sleeping bag with lots of padding OR if you would prefer a hotel you may want to check out Courtyard by Marriott (704) 852-4411 or Fairfield Inn (704) 867-5073 both on Remount Road Gastonia NC
- Downpayment of $50 due ASAP to reserve your place with Confirmation Sheet
- Complete payment due by August 31st
- No refunds after August 15thst
- questions….please call or email Esther
August Stamping Schedule
yikes! Where did July go? Ok must have been canning like I haven’t canned that much in years…..turn back the clock! sigh, no, too many new FABULOUS Stampin’ Up products I want to stamp with!!! Saw the New Holiday Mini Catalog…..don’t know how it can be better than last year – but is BreathTaking!!!! The framelits – oh yeah! Out of this world! This is going to be the hardest choice to narrow down to 5 Christmas card bundles…..no, you all don’t know how hard this is!
Friday, August 4th – 1st Friday club at 6:30pm
Tuesday, August 8th – Spartanburg club at 7:00pm, Linda is our hostess
Lucille Tatum card class – canceled this month due to renovation…..please join us at the Sr. Center to make the same cards
Tuesday, August 15th – Stephanie &n Friends, at 7:00pm, Pam is our hostess
August 15th – No refunds after this date for CE
Thursday, August 17th – Sr. Center card class at 1:00pm
Friday, August 18th – Gastonia Club at 10:00am, Debbie Y is our hostess
Thursday, August 24th – Workshop with Pam at Morningside Baptist Church at 10:00am
Friday, August 25th – Riverside Club at 6:30pm, Charlotte is our hostess
Thursday, August 31st – complete payment due for CE
Thanks for visiting!