I hope you can join me this September for a month full of stamping and creating! Creative Escape is at the end of the month – the 29th and 30th! Last call for those who would like to join me this year!
This week, I’d like to show you a fun card with stamps and framelit bundle, A Little Wild. It is the cutest! And more to follow in the Holiday mini catalog too!
You will find it on page 108 in the annual Stampin’ Up catalog….it comes with an elephant, lion, and bear stamps and coordinating framelits. item #145328 (c) $43.00
This card is made with Powder Pink card stock – in real life it does appear more saturated pink color. It is perfect for a baby shower card. But of course, you could put the lion in the circle to swing around or the bear and make it a cute birthday card too!
- start by cutting a 11″ x 4 1/2″ piece of card stock and score at 5 1/2″ for a top fold in your card
- die cut a 2 1/8″ circle from the Layering Circles Framelits #141705 Make sure to open the card flat when die cutting the circle on the card front
- use a small bottle with water in it to “mist” your card front. When humidity is added before you emboss with the 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders – it will make a deeper embossed impression (sometimes I’ll sponge to accent the impressions!)
- place moistened card stock inside impressions folder and run through the Big Shot……** Remember to use only the bottom portion of the platform and one plate
- meanwhile, stamp your image in StaZon ink to color in. I used the elephant here with Smokey Slate and Powder Pink ink and a blender pen. I think it works best to put some ink on a tile and then use a blender pen to transfer the ink to the image
- now die cut with the elephant framelit in the bundle
- Cut one other piece of card stock…..a 3 1/2″ square of silver glimmer paper to die cut the frame around the elephant…..with Silver Glimmer paper
- find the same 2 1/8″ circle framelit and then look for the scalloped framelit that is just larger than the circle framelit. Die cut together so that the circle is centered inside the scalloped framelit
- Next is the easiest and fun part! Find your glue dots – if you don’t have any, put them on your next order! They work wonderfully for this!!!!
- Place a glue dot in the middle of the inside of elephant this will hold the twine in place….ok, so you can’t find white bakers twine, I used a piece of the white burlap ribbon or you could just use a piece of dental floss in a pinch
- I would add a few extra glue dots just to hold elephant together
- place a glue dot at the exact place north and south of the circle opening to help hold the twine and the silver glimmer frame
- once you have placed the elephant on to the top and bottom glue dot, cut off excess twine, white burlap, or dental floss.
Now place the silver glimmer frame lit on over the circle
Pretty cool! and Really easy using Stampin’ Up Glue dots item #103683 $4.25 for 300 dots of adhesive.
Now add the finishing touches on your card with Powder Pink ribbon, a tag and flower out of silver glimmer paper
Here is another card Elizabeth made with the little lion …..
A ribbon share is a awesome way to get a little of each ribbon – but not have to purchase a whole roll of every one! With these ribbon shares, you receive 2 1/2 yds. of each color! It’s enough for you to put on your cards without a lot of leftover!
Email or call me if you would like to join a share please!
1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon and 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon 2 1/2 yds. each Cost $ $12.35
- Cherry Cobbler Double Stitched
- Daffodil Delight Double Stitched
- Blushing Bride Double Stitched
- Calypso Coral Ombre
- Island Indigo Ombre
- Lemon Lime Twist Ombre
1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon 2 1/2 yds. each Cost $10.30
- Berry Burst
- Fresh Fig
- Lemon Lime Twist
- Powder Pink
- Tranquil Tide
5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding 2 1/2 yds. each Cost $9.40
- Berry Burst
- Emerald Envy
- Night of Navy
- Peekaboo Peach
1/8″ Sheer Ribbon 2 1/2 yds. each Cost $7.00
- Calypso Coral
- Fresh Fig
- Old Olive
- Whisper White
3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon 2 1/2 yds. each Cost $6.20
- Bermuda Bay
- Crushed Curry
- Old Olive
September Stamping Schedule
Friday, Sept 1st – 1st Friday Club at 6:30pm, Debbie F is our hostess
Tuesday, Sept. 5th – Spartanburg club at 7:00pm, Donna J is our hostess
Wednesday, Sept. 5th – Covenant Village
Tuesday, Sept. 12th – Lucille Tatum at 1:00pm
Friday, Sept. 15th – Gastonia Club at 10:00am, Brenda is our hostess
Friday, Sept. 15th – Riverside club at 6:30pm, Liz is our hostess
Saturday, Sept. 15th – Team Meeting at 10:00 am Christmas card swaps – current products
Saturday, Sept. 15th – Scrapbooking at 6:00pm
Tuesday, Sept. 19th – Stephanie & Friends at 7:00pm, Theresa is our hostess
Friday, Sept. 22nd – Camp Crop at Bon Clarken – Christmas cards and All Occasion cards
Friday and Saturday, Sept 29th and 30th – CREATIVE ESCAPE!
Thanks for visiting!