Stampin’ Up Embossing Paste has been so much fun to use! I got it out again tonight to use as a background for a NEW favorite stamp set in the Holiday mini catalog, Painted Harvest
Here’s how to make it…..
- start with Embossing Paste #141979 – it’s available now
- Palette Knives are really helpful to have #142808
- and Pattern Party Decorative Masks #144103
- take a small amount of paste and put on Stampin’ Up’s Silicone Craft Sheet #127853
- add a drop of Cajun Craze reindeer #119790 to the Embossing Paste and mix with your palette knife
IMPORTANT! Work fairly quickly so the embossing paste does not get too dry – that’s the good thing – it does dry quickly! When you finish spreading it on over the mask, take the template off and set aside…..it should be completely dry in a few minutes depending on size of template and amount of embossing paste used.
IMPORTANT! Wash off your mask, palette knife, and silicone rubber mat when finished so the embossing paste does not dry attached to you tools.
- Lay your mask over your card stock and
- Spread Embossing paste back and forth pushing the Embossing Paste through the mask onto the card stock
- Remove the mask and lay card stock aside for Embossing Paste to dry completely
- For the sunflowers, use Painted Harvest Bundle #146021 ***I absolutely love how the photopolymer stamp has texture in it to hold different amounts of ink so the images come out with lighter parts and darker parts to the image just like you naturally see when looking at a flower in real life
- Stamp the largest flower part image with Crushed Curry ink
- Make sure you get the best image by stamping on a Stampin’ Pierce mat #126199
- Add the smaller flower part in Tangerine Tango ink right over top of the Crushed Curry part
- Finally, add the center part of the sunflower in Early Espresso or Soft Suede ink
For this card, I cut out all three sunflowers
- stamp leaf image in Old Olive ink on scrap Very Vanilla card stock and use the Leaf Punch that comes with the Painted Harvest stamp set in the bundle to punch out
- I love the pattern paper that coordinates with this bundle….it is Painted Autumn DSP # 144613 and used a strip to heat emboss with Copper Embossing Powder
Now layer all your elements together!
Other card ideas I’ve made….
Sponge embossing paste after it is dry
Sprinkle with Stampin’ Glitter before Embossing Paste drys for sparkle
Stampin’ Up special you don’t want to miss!
Merry Patterns Host Promotion
During the months of September and October, Stampin’ Up will be giving a special hostess stamp set to everyone having a qualifying party of $300! It is called Merry Patterns Host Promotion. I can’t wait to get mine! Here’s how to get your Merry Patterns stamp set
Ideas you can create with your Merry Patterns stamp set
Just drop me an email, call, or text to plan your party and earn your Merry Patterns stamp set!
September stamping schedule
Tuesday, Sept. 5th – Spartanburg stamping at 7:00pm at Cherokee Springs Baptist Church, Donna J is our hostess
Wednesday, Sept. 6th – Covenant Village
Saturday, Sept 9th – Scrapbooking at 6:00pm
Tuesday, Sept. 12th – Lucille Tatum at 1:00pm
Friday, Sept. 15th – Gastonia Club at 10:00am, Brenda is our hostess
Friday, Sept. 15th – Riverside Club at 6:30pm, Liz is our hostess
Saturday, Sept. 16th – Team Meeting at 10:00am Bring 10-15 Christmas Swaps
Tuesday, Sept. 19th – Stephanie & Friends Club at 7:00pm, Theresa is our hostess
Thursday, Sept. 20th – Sr. Center stamping at 1:00pm
Friday, Sept. 22nd – Camp crop – Christmas and All Occasion cards
Friday and Saturday, Sept. 29th and 30th – CREATIVE ESCAPE!
Thanks for visiting!