I love using Stampin’ Up new products! In this years’ Holiday mini catalog, Stampin’ Up added a new color of foil sheets….Champagne! The look fabulous with Smokey Slate and Night of Navy card stock!
A few weeks ago, my mom said she wanted to make Christmas cards to give as a gift…..here is the 2nd set of cards we made.
Mom wanted to use a retired Stampin’ Up Christmas set with the current Card Builder Framelits trees. Of course, it needs a little sparkle…..so I set out to use the Champagne Foil Sheets with Night of Navy. Whisper White was too harsh….so Smokey Slate got added in the color scheme for a lovely combination!
Champagne Foil Sheets are on page 37 in the Holiday mini catalog # 144748
Following are a few more cards from Creative Escape. The first one uses Ready For Christmas bundle page 6 and 7 in the Holiday mini catalog #146056 for the bundle
The Christmas tree is much easier than it looks!
- stamp a tree in Old Olive ink and die cut
- die cut about 8 or 9 branch bunches (there are 3 branches on a bunch)
- adhere the stem onto the tree starting with the bottom layer and working up to give a little dimension to the branches
- add die cut star from Gold Glimmer paper
- add die cut ornaments from Red Glimmer paper
Stamp and color the table and little doggie then die cut those pieces. I find it helpful to hold the framelit in place with a sticky note or wash tape with running through the Big Shot
You can see the extra sparkle and shine with Fancy Foil Designer Series Paper #144125 and using new Adhesive Sheets #144106 make it easy to adhere to your card!
- cut enough Adhesive Sheet to cover the area of card stock you are die cutting
- pull off waxed paper part of Adhesive Sheet and place card stock you are using on top of the sticky
- run “happy birthday” framelits through Big Shot with card stock backed Adhesive sheet
- peel off remainder waxed paper on the die cut card stock
- place you “sticky” die cut happy birthday on your card…..no mess!
We made a fall Beautiful Bouquet card! Found on page 92 in the annual catalog Beautiful Bouquet bundle #145297 use colors:
- Fresh Fig
- Tranquil Tide
- Wood Textures DSP
- Cajun Craze
- Crushed Curry
- and Gold Embossing Powder
I love looking at all the designs and shapes of the Climbing Orchid bundle #145334! But I love the colors too! Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst combination just seem to sing for attention when paired together!
October Stamping Schedule
Tuesday, Oct. 17th – Stephanie & Friends club
Thursday, Oct 19th – Sr. Center cards at 1:00pm
Saturday, Oct. 21st – Scrapbooking at 6:00pm – I plan on one of the spreads being fall with pumpkins
Christmas Card buffet
Thanks for visiting!