I learn so much from my customers! This past week I heard the type of card stock used with alcohol markers makes a difference. Totally Stampin’ Up card stock is absolutely tops! But certain card stock works better for certain inks.
- Stampin’ Up Classic ink pads (which are a water base ink) are best on Whisper White card stock – the card stock absorbs the ink best
- When watercoloring…..use Stampin’ Up Watercolor Paper to absorb water and leave brilliant color
- Stampin’ Up recommends using Whisper White card stock for Alcohol Markers for best results
I had to try and see how the different card stocks responded to Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. Here are my results…..
- Whisper White coloring comes out lights and most true to Stampin’ Up card stock color. These samples were mounted onto a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock
- The Shimmery White and Watercolor paper had more saturated color from the Alcohol Markers respectively
- Shimmery White CS had the most bleeding from Memento ink pad
- all 3 samples were colored in completely with light pink, then dark pink added, and the over again with the light pink to blend (blending while wetter works better)
- Glossy White card stock is completely out….too much bleeding and alcohol marker does not even show up on Glossy CS
The Stampin’ Blend markers will be available for sale November 1st. You may purchase individually for $4.50 a marker or $9.00 per set of light and dark together.
All of the markers plus the color lifter may be purchased as a bundle for $121.50 plus tax and shipping. There are 12 colors available plus 2 neutral and a color lifter. Below is a list of available colors:
- Crumb Cake
- Bermuda Bay
- Calypso Coral
- Cherry Cobbler
- Daffodil Delight
- Night of Navy
- Old Olive
- Pink Pirouette
- Pool Party
- Pumpkin Pie
- Rich Razzleberry
- Smoky Slate
- Plus Ivory, Bronze, and a Color Lifter
Hint Hint…..these would make a nice Christmas Gift…….just let your loved one know I’ll be calling them; give me their contact number and we’ll get them ordered, wrapped, and a surprise under the tree for you!
Come join us for Scrapbooking once a month! Here are the spreads we did for October. By the end of the year…..you’ll have a full scrapbook!
Totally a fun birthday spread using the Birthday Delivery bundle with stamps, framelits and Designer Series Paper
The pieces on nonDesigner Series Paper are for pictures of your little pumpkin! We used the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper and then cut out some pumpkins from the DSP for a fun fall spread.
November Stamping Schedule
Friday, Nov. 3rd – 1st Friday club at 6:30pm
Tuesday, Nov. 7th – Spartanburg club at 7:00pm, Judy is our hostess
Friday, Nov. 10th and 11th – Team Retreat at Ocean Isle
Tuesday, Nov. 14th – Stephanie & Friends club at 7:00pm
Wednesday, Nov. 15th – Covenant Village
Friday, Nov. 17th – Gastonia Club at 10:00am, Annette is our hostess
Friday, Nov. 17th – Club 4410 at 6:00pm
Saturday, Nov. 18th – Craft Fair at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Hwy. 16 Denver NC
Saturday, Nov. 18th – Scrapbooking
Thursday, Nov. 23rd – Thanksgiving
Saturday, Nov. 25th – Christmas Gift class…..more info. coming with pictures. You are invited to come and make small gifts for you friends, co-workers, teachers/students
Thanks for visiting!
Please email me if you have questions, to place an order, or host a party! I’m alway happy to respond and enjoy stamping with you!
also, orders my be placed directly on my web www.estherboyle.stampinup.net