I have a technique using the NEW Brusho Colour Crystals for you tonight! I’ve been having a lot of fun using them! I think you will to! I’ve heard comments like…this is easy and seeing the color burst from spritzing is fun!
Brusho has been around for 35 years but exploded in the European market a year ago. One of the most unique characteristics of Brusho is that it is made up of multiple flecks of colors. Thus, it is perfect for showing color variation in natural flowers, grass, butterflies beside the interest it gives of the variety.
Here’s the card I did for my swaps for our team meeting Saturday with Brusho.
You can make it too! Here’s how…..
- Use watercolor card stock
- stamp with VersaMark and sprinkle with Copper embossing powder, shake off excess and heat. Here, I used the Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts Stamp set #145826 pg 34 in Occasions catalog
- Grab your aqua painter and Brusho (or order from me #144101 pg 26 Occasions catalog email or my web site)
- start with “painting” water with your aqua painter on to the area you want to color….I started with the grass first
I had been making quite a few of these cards so there was a little green already on my aqua painter from not completely cleaning from the previous grass I colored in
- next sprinkle some of the Mossy Green Brusho by pushing a push pin in the top of the bottle……DO NOT OPEN THE LID or colour crystals will be everywhere!
- now go over the grass again with your aqua painter and see the color pop! Only use the aqua painter where you want green grass
- see all the Mossy Green colour crystals……don’t worry! They do not stick as long as they are not activated with liquid. Just flip your watercolor card stock over and flick with your finger and colour crystals will be gone…..see…..
- clean your aqua painter so you don’t transfer any green where it doesn’t belong and then “paint” inside the 4 flowers with water from your aqua painter and sprinkle with Gamboge (it’s orange Brusho)
- “paint” again over the flowers with your aqua painter and see the color burst
- turn your card stock over and flick with your finger and the extra colour crystals will be gone
- do the same procedure with Yellow Brusho Colour Crystals for the roof and base of the flower cart
- to finish the image, I put a few of the Prussian Blue Brusho Colour Crystals on a clear block and swished around with my aqua painter and painted the bird on top
My insufficinet photography just doesn’t do justice to the color variation in the roof of the cart…..I really like the card and hope you will enjoy and have fun playing with Brusho Colour Crystals too! In the future, I’ll do more techniques with Brusho.
I appreciate your orders! Thank you! To place an order, please email or text or you can order on my web site www.estherboyle.stampinup.net
Oh, I have to share the beautiful cards my team have made with this years Sale-a-bration Freebies! They all are so amazingly creative! I know you’ll want to copy them too! And that’s totally approved and a compliment!
SAB Celebrate You Thinlits Dies by Sherry
SAB Beautiful Peacock stamp set by Linda
SAB Heartfelt Blooms stamp set by Rhonda…..love this card! Did you know the stamp set image was made from a photograph of the flowers? That’s why it has all the intricate shading in the stamp.
Waterfront stamp set Occasions pg 48 by Peggy – another super card for man or lady
and these cute, adorable, cuddly pandas (for some reason, I’m totally partial to the image!) SAB Party Pandas by Cathy
January Stamping Schedule
Thursday, Jan. 25th – Sr. Center card class @ 1:00pm, please RSVP to Esther
Friday, Jan. 26th – Stampin’ Divas at 6:00pm
Saturday, Jan. 27th – Gastonia Club at 10:00am
Please consider inviting a friend or 2 and have a party to learn more about stamping and earn extra hostess benefits during Sale-a-bration! Contact Esther by phone or email please.
Thanks for visiting! I have more beautiful Sale-a-bration cards to share and scrapbook pages for next week!