Here are the last of the cards I swapped in Alaska! I want to high light one card in particular. It comes from a French Stampin’ Up demonstrator, Cecile Chesneau.
I particularly like the flower in this set, as well as the sentiments! It comes from
Healing Hugs #146530 $21
Healing Hugs is part of a group of stamps patented by Stampin’ Up called Distinctive Stamps. In a nut shell, it’s what makes it look 3D with different intensities of color. Here is a great video from Stampin’ Up home office to explain in more detail.
For the card above…
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4 1/4″x 11″
- Stamp in a green like Granny Apple Green orPear Pizzazz the leaf image several times on the middle left
- stamp the small buds/leaves image in Highland Heather or Flirty Flamingo
- stamp rose on a scrap piece of Whisper White in Flirty Flamingo, Gorgeous Grape, Calypso Coral, or your favorite color and cut out
- Cut a piece of light colored Designer Series Paper or a piece of Soft Sea Foam card stock 4 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ and stamp a sentiment in the same color you stamped the small buds/leaves image – adhere it in the middle of your folded, stamped card
- I love the Rose Metallic Thread for something like this….wind 4-6 wraps around your fingers(about 4 inches in diameter), take it off your fingers and twist in the middle and secure on the back of cut out rose with a dimensional
- Now attach the rose to your card with a few more dimensionals
- Add a finishing touch with Stampin’ Up adhesive backed sequines #146287
This makes a perfect card to send to a friend who has had a little set back. It’s so simple and healing!
Here are a few more cards to inspire you!
from Margaret Van Vliet and Zoe Tant
- love how the “celebrate” die cut has vibrant color by sponging card stock after die cutting
from Ruth Bingle. She used Mistletoe Season stamp set on page 95 along with the Under the Mistletoe DSP
from Connie Stewart and a demonstrator from Germany
And finally a super simple fantastic card from April Lopez. I love love her idea of snipping 2 leaves off the Leaf Ribbon (items #146905) to use under the little paper flowers! And the New “Thank You” Thinlits (item # 146832) in Copper Foil is perfection!
Be sure to order your bundle of Blended Seasons before time runs out! This bundle is only available through the end of the August….along with the New set of Watercolor pencils. Here is one of my favorite cards we have made with this set
It’s always fun to have a little extra treat! And Stampin’ Up is doing just that with a $5 coupon code you can use on your September purchases. For every $50 you purchase in August, you will receive a coupon code for $5 to spend in September
August Stamping Schedule
Tuesday, August 20th – 1:15 pm Lucille Tatum card class Please let Pam know you plan to attend 704-865-3291 (Please look at last weeks blog post for cards!)
Tuesday, August 20th – 7:00pm Stephanie & Friends club, Debi is our hostess
Wednesday, August 22nd – Covenant Village card class
Friday, August 24th – Stamping Divas
Saturday, August 25th – Team Meeting at 10:00am at Dallas Sr. Center. bring 15 swaps if you are swapping, and if anyone has Seasonal Layers/Colorful Seasons bundle and Making Christmas Bright bundle from the new catalog, please bring to use
Saturday, August 25th – 6:00pm Scrapbooking
August 31st – All Creative Escape confirmations must be in along with balance due for CE. Monies for product bundle can be paid by or at CE on September 28th No refunds after August 31st.
Thanks for visiting! Look forward to stamping with you soon!