Broadway Birthday Designer Series Paper is not only for birthdays. This month, I used Broadway Birthday DSP for a spread about ….counting the ways I love you. One of the papers in thus bundle has all numbers on it.
You could cut out the numbers for a specific birthday or anniversary, like for a 25th birthday or 50th wedding anniversary.
Or I used it as a back drop for keeping special character qualities you love about that special person in your life.
- The little pocket to hold journaling notes is made from the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch #133324 Cut a 2″ x 6″ strip, punch one end and fold. I used Tear & Tape to attach together at side. To make the tape narrower, place 1/2 of it on the back of the pocket, take paper off, and then fold excess adhesive hanging off over onto itself.
- For title, find a stamp that has a word you want in your title, stamp it, and then cut out randomly.
- Use the hearts from heart punch (retired) to fill in random places on your pages to add interest
One of my favorite Designer Series Papers in the annual catalog is Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper! I use it a lot and this month, Elizabeth created a beautiful spread with one of the papers.
This picture does not do justice! I’ve taken it a couple of times, but I am not a photographer by any means! The 12 x 12 is Powder Pink and in real life looks a little more saturated. Sorry
We paired Petal Promenade DSP with Shimmery White Embossing Paste using the large medallion in the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. It was quick and easy. The letter die cuts (retired) are out of the Rose Glimmer Paper
- Rose Glimmer Paper #146959
- Shimmery White Embossing Paste #145645
- Pattern Party Decorative Masks $144103
- Petal Promenade DSP #146913
This past Saturday, we had a wonderful team meeting! And absolutely the best ever cards from the Holiday Catalog. I plan to share them next week! Here are a few sneak peek cards using the new products in the Holiday Catalog.
You may recognize the images from the leaf thinking of you card above….it is from Colorful Seasons #143726. Look close at the picture on the right under the leaf…..I used Blended Seasons stamp set (Special Purchase ONLY this month). It coordinates perfectly as a background for the Colorful Seasons leaf!
The new product on this card is Gold Shimmer paint on page 38 of the Holiday catalog.
Shimmer paint comes in 4 colors:
- Bright Copper – see this on the Christmas light card above
- Champagne Mist
- Frost White
- Vegas Gold – see this spritzed on the Colorful Seasons leaf card
There is a variety of ways to use Shimmer Paint:
- add 4 drops (they are large drops) to a Stampin’ Up Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol. Lay on it’s side and roll back and forth to mix. Spritz on card and leaves or image of your choice
- Use an old dried out Blender Pen to “paint” in the Christmas tree lights image
- With a Stampin’ Up Sponge Dauber #133773, sponge on to rubber stamp and stamp image in the Shimmer Paint
- Use a Sponge Dauber, sponge Shimmer Paint onto image stamped on card stock or embossed with Embossing Folder
And Finally, I want to share with you from our team meeting the gifts each one received…..I think this may be my NEW favorite Designer Series Paper from the Holiday catalog…..but I really like all the rest too!!!
We made them from Frosted Floral Speciality Designer Series Paper #147800 page 37 of the Holiday Catalog. The Bakers Boxes are in the catalog too, page 49 #147899. Perfect for a couple of large oatmeal raisin cookies! Yummm! The doily is one of the Pearlized Doilies flipped to the back and a sponge brayer used to color with Blackberry Bliss ink.
Only one more week to order Blended Seasons Stamp set and Framelits! And the newest colors of Watercolor Pencils! Please call or send an email to order your set.
And you’ll receive a coupon code for every $50 you purchase this month to spend next month! What a treat!
Stamping Schedule for September….
Tuesday, September 4th – Spartanburg club at 7:00pm, Peggy is our hostess
Friday, September 7th – !st Friday club at 6:30pm
a complete schedule will be posted next week
Thanks for visiting! Hope to see you stamping soon!