It’s a party! Stampin’ Up is 30 years old October 23rd….that’s Tuesday and for that one day only, Stampin’ Up is putting a number of celebration stamp sets on sale. Stamp sets must be ordered during tomorrow’s 24 hour sale time to receive the discount. You may order and have your stamps delivered direct to you or call/text/email me to submit your orders.
To order from my web site to have direct shipped to you, please use this hostess code…..H9XJ4H2F Here is a link to order www.estherboyle.stampinup.net
Dashing Deer Light Box Tutorial
You may have noticed on page 9 in the Stampin’ Up Holiday Catalog, a beautiful Light Box with the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies on it. It is beautiful! Here is my version….
I made 20 of them for our team meeting this past Saturday! I will say it took some time, but so rewarding for everyone to have a beautiful light box to enjoy and share! Here’s how I made it from the supplies Stampin’ Up has given to us with a few of my TIPS.
Dashing Deer Light Box Tutorial
- Begin with 2 sheets of 7″ x 8″ of Galvanized Metallic Paper #147805 (yes, you’ll just get one box from a package of Galvanized Paper, but you’ll have some leftovers to use for cards 🙂
- Score each sheet at 3 3/4″ and 7 1/2″ down the 7″ side
- Cut a template for cutting window 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ from a piece of heavy cardboard TIP: I used cardboard from a glimmer paper or foil package
- Use exacto knife to cut out window. Make a window on each of the 4 panels
- Use poinsettia spray from Dashing Deer Stamp set (Bundle #149935) and stamp in VersaMark #102283 ink and Silver Embossing Powder #109131 and heat set each diagonal corner of window
- Cut 4 pieces of Stampin’ Up Velum Cardstock #101856 3 1/4″ x 6 1/4″
- Put Tear & Tape #138995 across the top of each panel and a short piece on each side of the window you cut out of panel to adhere a piece of velum on each window on the back side of the light box panels.
- Flip Galvanized light box paper over to the front side and put a strip of Tear & Tape down the side of the 1/2″ sore line on each piece
- Now begin cutting pieces for front embellishment:
- 2 of the largest Detailed Deer from a piece of Galvanized Metallic Paper
- 2 of the branches from Night Owl Thinlits Dies #147920 mpg 41 Holiday Catalog in Early Espresso cardstock #119686
- 2 sprigs from Sprig Punch pg 29 Holiday Catalog #148012 in Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive cardstock #131201 and #100702. Cut them in to two pieces to use individually
- 12 of the solid poinsettias from Detailed Deer Thinlits in Cherry Cobbler cardstock #119685
TIP.…Use your Percision Plate $139684 to die cut, the Percision Plate is firm and will aid in getting the antlers die cut well. Also, I love using the new Take Your Pick #144107 pg 30 Holiday Catalog to get the cardstock loose from the antlers – start to pick from hind feet for easier flow out of the thinlit.
- Run the die cut deer through your Big Shot in the Corrugated Embossing folder #148026
TIP... stick the deer at an angle in the embossing folder and leave the antlers hanging out to help the embossing folder not to break paper in half at the neck.
- For 6 of the poinsettias, place a dot of Tombo adhesive in the center and place a second die cut poinsettia on top rotating slightly so as to make a fuller flower, let dry and then curve petals upward to make more 3D and put a dot of Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint in the center with a toothpick
- Begin to adhere together
TIP…. Glue Dots #103683 are your best friend for this project!
TIP.… work with the panels flat. it is much easier!
- Put a couple of glue dots on the back side of the die cut deer and put them on one of the panels
- Next cut the straight part of the die cut branches from Night Owl; you will only use the survey ends
- Adhere them with a glue dot. Also put a half sprig of Pear Piazzazz and a half sprig of Old Olive on with a glue dot. And finally adhere 3 of the poinsettia flowers with a glue dot
- Finally put the 2 panels together by taking off the Tear & Tape paper to expose the adhesive, laying one panel on top of the 1/2″ tab making your light box.
- Purchase a LED Tea Light to put inside and Enjoy!
Friday, Oct. 26th – Christine Christmas Tag Class 3:00pm
Friday, Oct. 26th – Scrapbooking and Stampin’ Divas at 6:30pm
Saturday, Oct. 27th – Jodi stamp camp at 10:00am
Friday, Nov. 2nd – 1st Friday club at 6:30pm, Christine is our hostess
Monday, Nov. 5th – Spartanburg club at 7:00pm, Angie is our hostess
Tuesday, Nov. 6-11 – Stampin’ Up 30 year Convention
Nov. 14th – Morningside Club at 9:15 am
Nov. 14th – Covenant Village 2-4
Thanks for visiting!