Oh my! I’m not a writer as you can tell, but I must say, I have A LOT to share with you tonight!
First, Let me share a few pictures of my past week. Scott, after 30 years of flying, actually got vacation in June. We celebrate 31 years of marriage on June 11th and Scott took me to see the BIG Sequoia trees that I’ve always wanted to see in person and Yosemite National Park. We had a great time – just incredible what God has created!
Creative Escape……September 27 & 28
- Place your confirmation now with the attached form and deposit of $50
- Begins Friday at noon and ends Saturday at 5:00pm; may bring air mattress, etc. and spend the night (recommended) or get a hotel close like Hilton Garden Inn Gastonia 444 Cox Rd, Gastonia, NC 28054
- Cost of $175 plus purchase of product bundle with me
- Cost includes crafting supplies for 40 cards or 20 cards and 20 pages scrapbook, evening meal, desert buffet, breakfast and lunch, lots of gifts
- Non refundable August 31st/complete payment due August 31st
Good Morning Magnolia Purse Tutorial
- Begin with a 12 x 12 piece of card stock and cut to 12″ x 7 1/2″
- Next, use Simply Scored Tool and score at 4 1/4″, 4 3/4″, 9 1/4″, and 9 1/2″ down the 7 1/2″ side
- I used the beautiful Magnolia Lane DSP for my purse but whatever pattern paper you choose to use, cut a piece at 4 1/4″ x 7 1/2″ and another piece at 2 1/2″ x 7 1/2″
- I rounded my edges of the flap side which is the side of the 2 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ DSP
- Next, using a small strip of Tear & Tape #138995 on the outer edges and place ribbon on top of Tear & Tape. Here, I used the new Petal Pink 5/8″ Organdy Striped Ribbon # 149441 – it’s a must have!
- Make sure to put your Tear & Tape on the INSIDE of the purse so the outside will look like this
- Die cut all of the parts for flower for closure : 2 of the middle size die, 1 of the smaller size die in Whisper White, 1 small center in Soft Suede, and 1 large center in Petal Pink
- Use a sponge dauber and Petal Pink ink pad and sponge lightly from the center out to the middle of the petals like so
- After sponging my petals, I rounded them on my finger to give dimension like this…or you could use a stylus and foam pad to shape your petals
- Fine your favorite adhesive and adhere all the petals together…starting with the 2 larger ones and keep adding on top as shown below ending with a Clear Faceted Gem colored with Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend Marker
- Wind some of the Mossy Meadow Linen Thread from Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack #149485 around fingers to make some loops
- Attach with a piece of Tear & Tape
- Place Magnolia flower you created with a dimensional over the Tear & Tape
- place 1/2 of a velcro dot for a closure. Recently I found some thinner less strong velcro dots that work great!
You are finished with your purse! You can use it for a gift card holder, put a card or something special inside, use as an invitation for a special occasion, or I am using mine for cards I’ve made using the Good Morning Magnolia cards. This would make a sweet gift of 4 cards for someone to use too!
I’ve put my cards in one of the Stampin’ Up clear envelops #102619
Cards from My Awesome Team
Good Morning Magnolia by Sherry
Over The Moon by Judy
Butterfly Wishes by Linda
Sailing Home by Jane
Woven Heirlooms by Jill
Daisy Lane by Marilyn
Floral Essence by Brenda
Free As A Bird – I’m sorry I don’t know who created this beautiful card
Free As A Bird by Peggy
I just had to add this picture! Carole pulled out of her purse the perfect little gift to go with the Free As A Bird bundle…..some tissues that totally match Bird Ballard DSP #149592
June Stamping Schedule
Tuesday, June 11th – Spartanburg Club, Linda is our hostess at 7:00pm….bring a friend and new catalogs will be given out if you don’t have one
Wednesday, June 12th – Morningside Club at 9:30am, Barbara is our hostess
Friday, June 14th – Day Lilies Club at 10:00am, Peggy is our hostess
Saturday, June 15th – Everything is Rosy Class at 10:00am – Esther’s house
Tuesday, June 18th – Lucille Tatum at 1:15pm
Thursday, June 20th – Sr. Center Card Class at 1:00pm, Please RSVP to Esther
Friday, June 21st – Gastonia Club at 10:00am, Maria is our hostess
Saturday, June 22nd – Scrapbooking at 6:30pm
I hope to see you stamping soon! Love the new catalog and can’t wait to make it ALL! Please join me in one of my clubs or classes….you won’t be disappointed! And invite a Friend!