That’s right! I have a team member, Gwen, that does some fabulous things with thrown out used tin cans! As my son would say…..go dumpster diving! No, no, better not do that!
Here are a few of the cards Gwen has made.
You might try substituting with current set, Butterfly Beauty. Not totally sure, but I think Gwen may have used embossing paste and palette knife to make a background and then sponge over with ink pads
Here’s Gwen’s secret…..
- rinse and cut the top and bottom of a tin can*****BE CAREFUL not to cut your fingers
- cut it down one side so tin will lay flat
- rinse and dry
- use whatever die you like to cut out image. If you have an older die cutting machine, you may have to reposition the die and roll through a second or third time……BUT if you have one of the NEW Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machines, you should only have to go through one time….it’s such a nice cut!
- Remember you can also use your punches on tin too….like for balloons, butterflies, and flowers or try the umbrella punch for a little bright card.
Thank you Gwen! and Sue! Love to look at your cards!
NOW available for order!!! Yeah!!!
- Wide 6″ (15.2 cm) platform for all your crafting needs.
- Weighs approximately 8.1 pounds (3.67 kg). Platform folds to make transporting easy and to take up less space when storing.
- Works with all Stampin’ Cut & Emboss dies and embossing folders.
- Simple to make a sandwich. Includes plates that are labeled with a number and are color coded for easy use.
- All the plates you need to get started are included: 1 Base Plate (Plate 1), 1 Die Plate (Plate 2), 2 Cutting Plates (Plate 3), and 1 Specialty Plate (Plate 4). ***The #4 plate replaces the Blue Plate
- There are larger “feet” that are non skid to help the machine stay in place
- #150673 $120
Here’s another little technique to try with the stitched dies…..triangles, squares or rectangles
- die cut a bunch of shapes and adhere them on to a piece of card stock
- make sure the sides and ends are all together for even stitching look
- At this point, you can die cut into a shape or embossing with an embossing folder is nice too
This is what Paulette did on a beautiful card
New ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE CLEARANCE RACK….TAKE A LOOK AND SEE IF ANY OF YOUR FAVORITES ARE THERE on the link below
And for your inspiration….pull out your Birds and Branches Bundle
Tuesday, Sept. 8th – Arbors West Club at 10:00am, Jan is our hostess
Tuesday, Sept. 8th – Zoom meeting for clubs not meeting in person @ 7pm I will be sending invites out on Monday. Please let me know if you would like an invite
Tuesday, Sept. 15th – Morningside Club at 10 am, this has been determined to be a Zoom meeting. I will be sending out invitations next Monday, Pam T is our hostess
Friday, Sept. 18th – Gastonia Club at 10am, Becky is our hostess
Friday, Sept. 25th and 26th – Creative Escape Info and Supply lists will be coming this week.
*** My team members Please note in your calendars probable TEAM MEETING on Saturday, October 3rd. I’ll be sending more info in a week or so…..but I’m trying to make this happen.
Thanks for visiting!